The Technical Support Specialist plays a key role in customer service within our Help Desk operations through remote support of our local & nationwide clients. All work will be performed remotely from our satellite office in Scottsdale & our Tempe office. The successful candidate will be expected to support first level support for web filters, firewalls/routers, Network Switches, workstations and servers, installation of software and technical research to resolve issues when required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- PROVIDE A POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OVER THE PHONE.
- Provide hardware and software troubleshooting for Microsoft platforms.
- Provide Technical training to end users as requested or needed.
- Basic troubleshooting of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Install & troubleshoot software applications.
- Configure & troubleshoot clients in an Office 365 Environment.
- Removal of spyware, adware & viruses from desktops.
- Troubleshoot peripheral devices, (touch screen monitors, scanners, card swipes & printers).
- Provide server maintenance such as backup monitoring; apply BIOS/Firmware updates and install security patches.
- Support Hyper-V & VMware technologies.
- Monitor and troubleshoot backup jobs using Datto.
- Monitor Web filters, Routers, Firewall Switches
- Monitor & provide Basic support of WIFI Access points and Controllers
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task during occasional peaks in workload.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong comfort level with Windows 10, Microsoft Office Products and basic networking troubleshooting.
- A working knowledge of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Active Directory, Microsoft Server, Windows AD administration.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and management.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP network technologies.
- Basic knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Adhere to strict change Control procedures
- The ability to use sound judgment in the promotion of maximum service uptime.
- A track record of supporting the overall IT organization through collaboration and communication.
- Some experience within server virtualization (Either Hyper-V or VMware)
- Some knowledge of Linux, UNIX or Mac environments.
- Experience supporting a 24×7 environment and the ability to take an on-call rotation every 8 weeks.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate with some vocational or college preferred.
- At least 2 years of technical support experience
- Proven experience in customer service
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Ability to Multi Task
- 8 AM – 5 PM Must be able to work weekends