Level I Support Technician
The Technical Support Specialist plays a key role in customer service within our Help Desk operations through remote support of our local & nationwide clients. Most work will be performed remotely or with occasional presence from our Chandler, Arizona office or our clients location. The successful candidate will be expected to proved first level support for Windows workstations and servers, installation of software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- PROVIDE A POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OVER THE PHONE.
- Provide hardware and software troubleshooting for Microsoft platforms.
- Provide technical training to end users as requested or needed.
- Basic troubleshooting of Windows 2016/2019 Server and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Install & troubleshoot software applications.
- Configure & troubleshoot clients in an Office 365 environment.
- Troubleshoot peripheral devices, (touch screen monitors, scanners, card swipes & printers).
- Provide server maintenance such as backup monitoring; apply BIOS/Firmware updates and install security patches.
- Support Hyper-V & VMware technologies.
- Monitor and manage backup jobs using Datto and Axient.
- Monitor and manage client security zero trust rules including web filters and application safe-lists.
- Monitor & provide basic support of client Wi-Fi and remote SSL-VPN
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task during occasional peaks in workload.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong comfort level with Windows 10, Microsoft Office Products and basic networking troubleshooting.
- A working knowledge of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Active Directory, Microsoft Server, Windows AD administration.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and management.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP network technologies.
- Basic knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Adhere to strict change Control procedures
- The ability to use sound judgment in the promotion of maximum service uptime.
- A track record of supporting the overall IT organization through collaboration and communication.
- Some experience within server virtualization (Either Hyper-V or VMware)
- Some knowledge of Linux, UNIX or Mac environments.
- Experience supporting a 24×7 environment and the ability to take an on-call rotation every 8 weeks.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate with some vocational or college preferred.
- At least 2 years of technical support experience
- Proven experience in customer service
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Ability to Multi Task
- Ability to work remote with minimal supervision
- 8 AM – 5 PM ~ 40 hour work weeks with ability to provide rotating weekend coverage.
- Hybrid work from home dynamic with rotation into office and client environments as needed.
Send all resumes with an optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org