Viruses can be extremely harmful to your business. Should you experience any cybersecurity issues, you may not regain control of your technology devices and end up considerably out of pocket. Cybersecurity is rapidly becoming more of a recognised requirement and more businesses are preparing to protect themselves from cyber attacks. If it’s not already, cybersecurity should be at the top of your list of priorities.
The threat posed by cyber criminals is hard to keep up with as they are often one step ahead. IT management and consulting in Phoenix can provide the expertise required to significantly reduce the chances of a cyber security attack. Here are the 15 Alarming cybersecurity stats and facts in 2018;
- Cyber crime damage costs to hit $6 trillion annually by 2021.
- Cyber security spending to exceed $1 trillion from 2017 to 2021. More developments are focusing on preventing cyber attacks increasing the industry of cyber security daily.
- MyDoom is considered to be the most expensive virus in the world, and in cyber security history, having caused an estimated financial damage of $38.5 billion!
- Social media hackers. Currently, according to in depth statistics, there are more than 3 billion active social network users worldwide. They use links on social media to direct you to download virus, these links may be disguised as ‘like’ buttons or links to other pages. Attempts are also made to acquire information through social media such as usernames and passwords.
- 43 percent of cyber attacks target small businesses.
- 99% of computers are vulnerable to exploit kits. Oracle Java, Adobe Reader or Adobe Flash is present on 99% of computers. That means that 99% of computer users are vulnerable to exploit kits (software vulnerabilities).
- Hackers Attack Every 39 Seconds.
- One in Three Americans Hacked in the Past Year.
- 64% of companies have experienced web-based attacks. 62% experienced phishing & social engineering attacks. 59% of companies experienced malicious code and botnets and 51% experienced denial of service attacks.
- Average time to detect a malicious or criminal attack by a global study sample of organisations was 170 days.
- Only 38 percent of global organisations claim they are prepared to handle a sophisticated cyber attack.
- 98% of tested web apps are vulnerable to attack.
- Online banking fraud increases 48% year-on-year.
- The percentage of malware payloads that were ransomware dropped from over 70% in June 2017 to less than 5% in December.
- 69% of organisations don’t believe their antivirus can stop the threats they’re seeing.
The security stats and facts may be alarming, but it’s more alarming that some business owners don’t realise the seriousness of cyber attacks and aren’t prepared for them. The longer you wait, the longer you will be at risk of a cyber attack. Outsourcing to IT management and consulting in Phoenix prepares you for any eventualities.
IT support options specialise in creating a foundation of security to suit the requirements of your business. Don’t compromise your data or your business, search online to find the best IT support to keep your business safe.