Careers at Phreedom Technology
Phreedom IT is growing and we are looking for professionals with a proven track record of exceptional experience and insight in how IT should help businesses be better at what they do. Explore our available careers today.
Phreedom IT provides professional IT support services for small- to medium-size businesses in the metro-Phoenix area and throughout Arizona. Based in Tempe, AZ with a team of 10+ engineers on staff, we manage the technology needs for over 150 businesses in diverse industries and service nationwide locations for several of our clients.
Meet Our Team
An IT Services company isn’t about technology, it’s about people. And we’re proud of our team, both for their technical skills and their work ethic.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and check back regularly as our open positions may change.
Please send resumes to:
- PHREEDOM TECHNOLOGIES
5700 W Chandler Blvd, Ste 6
Chandler, AZ 85226
Technology Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist plays a key role in customer service within our Help Desk operations through remote support of our local & nationwide clients. All work will be performed remotely from our satellite office in Scottsdale & our Tempe office. The successful candidate will be expected to support first level support for web filters, firewalls/routers, Network Switches, workstations and servers, installation of software and technical research to resolve issues when required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- PROVIDE A POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OVER THE PHONE.
- Provide hardware and software troubleshooting for Microsoft platforms.
- Provide Technical training to end users as requested or needed.
- Basic troubleshooting of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Install & troubleshoot software applications.
- Configure & troubleshoot clients in an Office 365 Environment.
- Removal of spyware, adware & viruses from desktops.
- Troubleshoot peripheral devices, (touch screen monitors, scanners, card swipes & printers).
- Provide server maintenance such as backup monitoring; apply BIOS/Firmware updates and install security patches.
- Support Hyper-V & VMware technologies.
- Monitor and troubleshoot backup jobs using Datto.
- Monitor Web filters, Routers, Firewall Switches
- Monitor & provide Basic support of WIFI Access points and Controllers
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task during occasional peaks in workload.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong comfort level with Windows 10, Microsoft Office Products and basic networking troubleshooting.
- A working knowledge of Windows 2012/2016/2019 Active Directory, Microsoft Server, Windows AD administration.
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and management.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP network technologies.
- Basic knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Adhere to strict change Control procedures
- The ability to use sound judgment in the promotion of maximum service uptime.
- A track record of supporting the overall IT organization through collaboration and communication.
- Some experience within server virtualization (Either Hyper-V or VMware)
- Some knowledge of Linux, UNIX or Mac environments.
- Experience supporting a 24×7 environment and the ability to take an on-call rotation every 8 weeks.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate with some vocational or college preferred.
- At least 2 years of technical support experience
- Proven experience in customer service
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Ability to Multi Task
- 8 AM – 5 PM Must be able to work weekends